Tuesday 20 May 2014

Playing with alcohol inks

I have been very busy with family matters the last week or so and today I really needed to relax and forget all my troubles and woes. I couldnt concentrate on making a card or even the boxes I wanted to make for my glitters to go into. I needed something tranquil to do... so I got out the alcohol Inks and did a little 'painting with them.

Apart from covering myself with delightful colours this is the painting I ended up with...

 For some reason I dropped the brush and it landed in the middle and gave the dotty-splash of colour and I then chose to do some more dots for interest....

 After it dried I thought it rather looked like a sunflower and I suppose I should have done the flower in browns and oranges, but hey...Im using artistic license here and have a red and purple one instead...I may also add that when I started the flower I had no idea what it would turn out like and was very plleased with it!
 After finishing painting, I did a little more organising of the craft room, and heres a small corner all labelled and sorted. I have found this to be so much help when Im crafting because now I look on the drawer fronts and boxes and know exactly where everything is....I didnt realise just how much crafting time I wasted before looking for things....
If you havent tried alcohol ink painting there are videos on youtube why not have a look and give it a try when you next need to calm...

Thank you for looking
love debby

No comments:

Post a Comment