Tuesday 25 June 2013

Silhouette double sided adhesive sheets

I bought these sheets ages ago but never got round to playing with them...then a few or so ago Krafting Kelly wrote about them on her blog and showed a card she had made using them..here http://findingtimetocreate.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/wedding-card.html

So I just had to experiment., I read Kellys post for information and then out they came..

I found a suitable background from the silhouette store and placed the sheet yellow side to the mat...because the background I had chosen was quite 'busy' I took Kellys advise and slowed the cut down to 2 other than that I used the settings that were preset for the sheets...

I then used a spatula to help me lift the design carefully off the mat, and laid it on my card front. When I was happy that it was positioned where I wanted it, I carefully lifted one end and started peeling back some of the yellow paper from the back. This bit I stuck down on the card and then I gently peeled and stuck the rest as it graduated along the card. I then used an old credit card to smooth along the card and make sure it was stuck down a all over and without bubbles.

I then removed the white paper and sprinkled the card with a fine glitter. Then I looked at my cameo mat and realised that I still had loads of inners still on the mat and I made this background for another card
As I was in experimental mode I thought I would try some gilding flakes and see how that would work with the doublesided adhesive sheets, and it worked a dream....

Then someone mentioned they had loads of foil and had never used it...so out came my foil(just for experimental purposes really..) and I had to try that...like fabulous and sooo easy...

I have decided I Love these sheets!!

Here are the cards that I have actually managed to finish before going off on tangents...


Thank you for looking
Love debby xx


No comments:

Post a Comment