Tuesday 18 September 2012

2 more christmas cards

After playing with craft artist and waiting for my new software to arrive, I felt the need to do physical crafting but couldnt make my mind up just what I wanted to do...when hubby came to the rescue...he is a darling and had gone to town for a few things and boy did he spoil me again...he got me not 1 but 2 new cds....

The first one was Vintage Christmas by Hot off the press and the second one was Mooey Christmas by Nitwits and I cant make my mind up which one I like the best!! I like the elegance of the vintage christmas but then my humour chooses Mooey christmas guess they are both great additions to my crafting stash and will be favourites for years to come...

Here is the first card from the Vintage christmas using papers and the element from the cd

I uploaded the element into my silhouette cameo and did a basic print and cut and cut a whole sheet of the sentiment it worked like a dream....for the layers I took one of the sentiments and did an offset so that I had the right shape to ensconse the shape and gave it a depth of 0.5 I then did an offset of that shape and again gave that a depth of 0.5 and cut them on the cameo...I managed to get 2 of the 1st layer and 2 of the second layer on each sheet of A4 card and managed to make 4 cards 2 this way and 2 with the layers reversed. I added some faux pearls and some gems to give it some bling...I chose to put it onto a pale card just to tone it down slightly..

The second batch of cards I have made were from the Nitwits CD Mooey christmas I had so much fun making these that I was giggling all the way through....



The caracter is so sweet and I once again took the elements into my cameo and did them all on print and cut. It makes card making so much easier when yourmachine cuts it all out for you! 3 of the cards had pink ribbon  but the 4th one I changed the colour of the ribbon to a tonal yellow that matched the background and added a few sparkly gems....I know most  people would think childrens cards but my daughter and her friends will love these and they are all in their late 20s so a versitile card to have to hand..


Thank you for looking
love debby x

No comments:

Post a Comment