Wednesday 14 March 2012

Kite card

Each week silhouette store gives us a free file that we can use and keep, some weeks the file will scream at you and others you look at it and well....

One of the challenges at silhouette plus is a weekly freebie challenge, this is a great idea because if you look at a file and nothing comes but someone else looks and something jumps at them then that can be your inspiration...and then a "useless" file can become a favourite...its all about optimising what you have and what you do with it....

This week the file was some clouds and a kite....i looked at it and nothing came....then i went to bed and I had a dream, the dream angels planted a card in my mind and i watched myself make it whilst sleeping...im sure psychologists everywhere has a syndrome for that!! and this is what i made from the instructions of the dream angels...


I printed out the backing paper from a cd i had free with quick cards from last year...i always buy the mags if they have a free cd because inveriably you get nice backing papers on them..I used my silhouette to do the writing with a gel pen..the font was KG god gave me you and i made a pnc file for the kite. To give depth i put one kite on with foam pads and the other i just glued onto the card. I got the papers from the sil files for the kite...inside the card i cut 3 clouds and sketched congratulations between the three also seen in my dreams...

As i write this entry it makes me sound completely mad but thats what happened for this card and i have had it happen before...i once got up and repainted my bathroom because i saw it in a dream lol but thats another storyxx  i guess as a crafter you will understand you have to take your inspiration from anything when it comes along even if it is a dream,
So today i acknowledge my dream angels and thank them for their help when i was stuck and could see nothing

Thank you for reading my ramblings
love debby xx

No comments:

Post a Comment